Thursday, February 17, 2011

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH. Need I say more?

Yesterday, something BIG happened to me while I was going through my daily routine of checking out my favorite blogs. When I came across Gracie's page I was introduced to a recipe that will be a part of my daily diet for  the REST OF MY LIFE. What is it?

                                                                             Source


Peanut butter-Cookie dough hummus! Yeah, I know it sounds kinda weird. But its delicious! I admit it doesn't taste completely like cookie dough, but it is packed with fiber and protein and does taste similar to cookie dough! Hey, I'll take it! Plus, you can eat it for any meal--since its high in nutrition!

You will need: recipe makes 1 serving
1/2 cup chickpeas or garbanzo beans (the same thing--google told me so).
1 tbsp agave nectar or 1 tsp agave + 1 packet stevia
1.5 tbsp chocolate chips
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 tsp peanut butter

~270 calories (10 grams protein, 7 grams fiber)

7 comments:

  1. Hmm I love cookie dough... and I love hummus... so I'm going to go with a YES, PLEASE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--can't say I've ever thought of making a dessert hummus, but I'm adventerous enough to try!!

    p.s. Would you mind taking a minute to vote for my Pink Velvet POM cupcake here:
    http://www.pomwonderful.com/cupcakecontest/
    And spread the word if you'd like--thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this and WOW it's yummy!! I couldn't even eat the whole thing, I was stuffed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hummus, I love peanut butter and chocolate chips. This sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this on her blog but for some reason I forgot to bookmark it. Definitely not making that same mistake now! Cookie dough hummus sounds phenomenal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg looks so easy to make! yummy :D

    ReplyDelete