Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A pint of icecream is HEALTHY?

I want to share something with all of you today. I am about to let you in a little secret. Today I am eating an ENTIRE pint of ice cream. BUT, this is not any ordinary pint of ice cream. This ice cream is healthy and satisfying. It is gluten free and ALL NATURAL, nothing artificial and I mean NOTHING. It has 150 calories in the ENTIRE PINT. Yes, you heard that right. It also has 8 grams of fiber and 16 grams of protein. About a year ago, I discovered an amazing ice cream called ARCTIC ZERO. This icecream is delicious. It is all natural and made from whey protein and is safe for people like me who are lactose-intolerant. The best part is that you can eat an entireeee pint and not feel bad. Trust me, I have eaten pints of this at a time. It comes in many different flavors including mint cookie, chocolate peanut butter, coffee, vanilla maple, PUMPKIN SPICE (favorite obviously!), and chocolate. I love that I can just sit back and just eat an entire pint, knowing that I am not putting crap into my body. You can purchase it right off of amazon or visit there website for more info http://www.myarcticzero.com/. This stuff seriously changed my life. Its so good and its a perfect postworkout snack! What could be better?! Today I am eating this for my lunch. I just have the craving for something sweet. In the past, I would always plan my meals. When it came time to eat whatever I planned I ate it even if it wasn't truly what I was craving, which ultimately left me unsatisfied and wanting more. Now I try and acknowledge what I'm wanting and live in the moment with my meals. I am finding that I am much less stressed and much more satisfied! Do you ever eat something your craving as a meal even if its not typical meal food? Do you find planning your meals helpful?

4 comments:

  1. I typically crave this stuff when I'm hungry for a meal, and I don't feel guilty for eating a pint of it. Did you love the coffee? I haven't had it yet but I've heard it's good. I too can't wait for the pumpkin spice flavor to hit shelves. Nothing like getting your sweet fix and a lot of protein at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice cream packed with protien and low fat...perfect. I think I'm going to have to get me some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa! Any idea if they sell Arctic Zero at Whole Foods? Also, the recipe for your overnight oats...is that off the Oh She Glows blog?? Thanks lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of this stuff! Is it really good?! Ice cream is my FAVORITE FOOD. Does it measure up?

    Ps, I love your blog. We have a lot in common! Let's chat...Come stop by mine, it's new and in need of help. :)

    ReplyDelete