Monday, September 6, 2010

Skinny Jeans.

Skinny Jeans. We all have em'. When they fit, we feel great and excited. When they don't we get angry and upset. Right now, I am trying to conquer my skinny jeans for good. As many of you know, I am trying to lose weight. In the past, when I have tried to, I have deprived myself of the foods I loved and exercised intensely for a good period of time. When I would reach my goal weight, I would stop exercising and eat whatever I wanted, only to gain the weight back. I never found that balance. I thought "I don't need to exercise anymore, I'm already where I need to be!"
Well, obviously that didn't work for me, as I am the heaviest I have ever been and not where I want to be physically. I have been working hard at maintaining balance between sweets/desserts and exercise, hence the name of this blog!
Right now, I am not focusing on any number that I want to get to. I am going to stop losing weight when I feel my best and when I fit into my clothes better. One of my greatest motivations right now, is trying to fit into a pair of jeans that I absolutely love and have not been able to wear because they are too tight. I'm hoping to fit into them by my 22nd birthday (middle of November). This gives me a little more than 2 months. I keep telling myself that, that is my birthday gift to myself, to finally feel comfortable physically with myself. For the last year, I haven't felt "good" about where I am, not only physically, but emotionally. The extra weight I have on me is from binging, overexercising, and restricting myself in unhealthy ways. Fitting into these jeans is not just for vanity reasons. Sure I want to look good, but these jeans represent to me health and happiness. This is the first time that I am losing weight in a balanced and healthful way.
When you want to lose weight, do you set goals/dates for yourself?
Do you have a pair of skinny jeans that you gauge your progress in?

2 comments:

  1. I have jeans that I plan on using to gauge my progress for after the baby. I will work hard to get back into them, but not until the point where it is unhealthy or leaves me feeling awful or deprived. I won't ever know my weight. It'll all go based on the clothes and just letting my body do its thing while I take care of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was awful with setting goals. i would do so and be ok for a week or two. after that i would start binge and not exercising as a form of rebellion. boooooo! once i started working on my emmotional health, it was way easier to maintain my physical healthy habbits. but everybody is different so i won't pretend that this method will work for everyone! great post topic!

    ReplyDelete