Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bring it on, REESES.


Yup, I am challenging another company again today. My competition: REESE'S.

I love peanut butter and I loveeeeee chocolate. I don't like though, just how unhealthy those suckers are. At 210 calories a piece, each weighs in at a hefty price. I wanted to create something just as good, but for almost half the calories. I give you: my version of a Reese's peanut butter cup!

Just an indication of HOW GOOD this is... My mom sampled this and the first thing she said was "THIS TASTES LIKE IT HAS 500 CALORIES!"

p.s. I am sorry that it is not actually a cup. I did not have the patience and honestly, I just wanted to eat the damn thing!

The stats: 1 LARGE peanut butter cup has.... only 140 calories and its 2x the size! That's right ladies!

You need:
3 tbsp PB2
2 tbsp chocolate chips (I use Sunspire organics-70 cal. for 2 tbsp)

Heat chocolate in microwave for about 30 seconds
Add to pb2
Mix, put into a cupcake tin, and FREEZE for ~20 minutes.

ENJOY. I hope I JUST changed your life.



15 comments:

  1. EVERY one of your posts changes my life!

    Do you think peanut flour would work in place of PB2?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa! i love your blog!!

    i used to love reese but i'm too scare to eat it now bc of the allergy, sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried PB2....perhaps this recipe makes it worth the investment! looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reese's...and yes, I hate the calorie count too! I am a huge fan of peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I have an obsession with peanut butter, combine with chocolate and I am in heaven :) I bet this would work with peanut flour, and you would get double the protein. Score! Thanks for checking out my blog, I just subscribed to yours. You rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your blog!! I actually make peanut butter cups all the time using cocoa powder and coconut oil and then putting some peanut butter between them and adding more chocolate on top. It is very dark but VERY yummy. Once again, great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been dying to try PB2 for some time now and I think your post just pushed me to the edge :P
    Where on earth do you buy that stuff anyway? I live in Canada, Quebec so if anybody, ANYBODY knows the nearest place could you please let me know? (Maybe e-mail me, or leave a comment on my blog)
    Thank you so much,
    And Lisa, enjoy your Reeses - they look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have PB2 but I have peanut flour, maybe I'll try it with that instead.

    I *love* Reese's and yours looks like a much better alternative! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sooo loving all these little treats you've been posting. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol this is awesomeeee!!! Yumm Reeses are my favvvvv! Nice job lady!!! :) Any fun plans for the weekend??

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi- I'm now officially in love you with you ;)

    Thank you! Chocolate and peanut butter are my life

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa ur gorgeous <3
    mmm BRING ON THE REESES FOR SURE!!
    i swear, when i was a kid i thought my homemade creations were a secret weapon. just making them was so much fun, but biting in- omg- i dont know how my mom let me get away with buying as much peanut butter and chocolate as i needed to make these 24/7 lol <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. GENIUS. It's chocolate and PB! How can you go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, genius! Thank you for posting this <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooooh sounds fantastic! i'm always on the lookout for healthier reese's!

    ReplyDelete